Saturday, March 13, 2010

Self Indulgence

This may be the shortest blog post I ever put up, but I thought it kind of ironic so I decided to share.

Not too long ago I was reading this short snippet in my favorite magazine, RELEVANT, and in this snippet, the author talked about the increase in blogging over recent years. The main premise, as I recall--which I could be wrong about--was that blogging is a very conceited thing to do. The author claimed that the desire to blog was fed by the individuals belief that they are so important that they need to be heard. Thus, the blog.

With this understanding of what a blog is, I stand proud in my voice. I am a beautiful animal! I am a voice among voices!

Plus, I like the idea of having somewhere that I can have a collection of ideas and writings.

2 comments:

  1. I like this thought. Some people now a days think it's wrong to stand out, to be different. Even thinking it's egotistical to speak out, whether others are sure to listen or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like irony.
    I like to read peoples thoughts also.
    I am glad you decided to stand for your voice, thus, the other brother.

    ReplyDelete